You want a Server Rent your own server
fully customized Layten Hosting
A server icon must follow three simple rules to be able to be used on a minecraft server.
- The icon must be 64×64 pixels in size
- The icon must be named server-icon
- The icon must be in .PNG format
How to check the picture size
- Right Click the image and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab on the top to view the dimensions.
- Right Click the image and select Get Info.
- The dimensions will be listed under the More Info section.
If your image is not currently 64×64 pixels there are simple ways you can convert the dimensions! We recommend using Simple Image Resizer
How to resize the icon
- Head to the resizing websites here.
- Click Select Image and find the icon you wish to use and hit Open.
- You will now want to select the Dimensions instead of Percentage and enter 64 for the width and height. Then click Resize.
- After a few seconds you should see a green box popup with a download button. Click download to get a new page with the resized icon.
- Once on this page simply right-click and select Save Image As
Your server icon may not be following the proper naming conventions or file format at this point. If this is the case you will want to fix that when saving the resized image. If the Save as Type shows any format other than PNG image you will want to click the dropdown and select All Files. You will then want to enter the name you save it as to be server-icon.png. If the Save as Type is already PNG just set the name to server-icon.
Once this is complete you would have successfully resized, renamed, and formatted the image to work on your server. The next steps would be to upload the image directly into your server’s files.
Upload to Your Server
Once you have a properly sized, named, and formatted image you will be able to then upload it to your server to let it start displaying in the server list.
- Head to your control panel and stop your server.
- To the left of the game panel, navigate the FTP File Access tab. Once in that tab please login using your panel password.
- To the left of the panel, you will see an upload button. Click this and then drag your image into the uploader.
- Once you see the image reach 100% you will be able to then go back to the main panel page and start the server.
Assuming all three of the criteria are met you will then be able to see your newly uploaded icon in-game when you ping the server in the multiplayer server list.